Sunday, October 23, 2011

Winter baby

Winter has arrived in Alaska! It was very Fall-like last Saturday when my friends were here and we had my baby shower. We woke up to a 1/2 inch of snow on the ground on Sunday morning and it hasn't left! We've gotten more snow each morning and the temps have been between 15-28 all week. We went into single digits the other night. The roads were quite icy and slick this week around town. I have snow tires and a good little SUV with 4-wheel drive, but it's the newbies to Alaska that I have to watch out for (those who don't realize how slick it is and don't stop in time or go too fast).

I really enjoy the summers here (we look forward to them all winter) and Fall is one of my favorite times of year. Even though winter lasts too long, there is just something magical about that first snowfall. The trees are so pretty and everything is so peaceful. And I've been looking forward to winter all this year as I know we'll get to meet Bobo and hold him in our arms!

I wanted some preggo pics in the snow, so here are a few my love took (through our living room window, he didn't want to come outside!)

Being careful not to slip as I go down the tiny bank 

35 weeks, baby! 


My cheesy "did you get them?" look!

My basketball tummy

I'd like to do some type of "maternity photo shoot" with a friend in the next couple of weeks, we'll see if we get around to it with moving and all! If we do, we'll be sure to post the pictures. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm jealous of your friend... wish I could be the one taking your maternity shots :) YOU LOOK ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.