Monday, November 7, 2011

A house becomes a home!

We successfully moved into our new home just over a week ago (Thurs, Oct 27). Even though we had all of our stuff inside the house, I knew it would take a while to get it feeling like a home. We lived without hot water and a stove for almost a week but it wasn't too bad. We got our old apartment all cleared out and cleaned and I was anxious to start my "nesting" at the new place.

My mom arrived last Wednesday night. She and I stayed home all day on Thursday and Friday and whipped the house right into shape! We got the kitchen all organized and pretty one day, then worked on Bobo's room and organizing all of his (abundant!) cute little clothes the next day.

Without further ado, here are some pictures of our new home!

Kitchen and living room, all pretty and ready for us to move into!

My love's cool flashy light truck with the trailer 
holding all of our earthly possessions

Our good buddy Eirik with my love - they were great movers!

Pretty new kitchen

Doing my part with the move - resting and directing!

My handy-man hubby put together this cool shelf for Bobo's room

My mom was such a great help to us!

37 week belly shot - all baby!

Living room

We piled all of our stuff in Bobo's room - temporarily!

Bobo's room - BEFORE

Bobo's room - AFTER

Isn't his room cute?

All of Bobo's stuffed "friends" are waiting to meet him, and so are we!

We are having some difficulties with our Internet at the house so that's all for now. I'll try to post more pics and an update soon. 

1 comment:

  1. Julia it looks wonderful :) I am so happy for you to have a home of your own just in time for Bobo to arrive!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.