Saturday, November 12, 2011

My mom's visit

I thought I'd post a bit more about my mom's visit now that our Internet is working better (hooray!)

My mom had the great idea to come up after we moved to help us settle into the new house. Due to some construction delays and her being sick, we kept changing the date of when she'd come up. However, it worked out perfectly for her to come when she did.

She worked super hard but managed to take some breaks

We had a lovely after church meal at my love's mom's house 

My mom got to meet our adorable niece Jenna Grace

Getting some good Gramma practice in!

The road near our house, it turned into a Winter Wonderland while she was here!

We spent two full days working hard on the house, then went into town over the weekend. UAF had their annual Women's Christmas Craft Bazaar the weekend my mom was here so we enjoyed walking around and seeing what all the vendors had to offer. We went with my mother-in-law, so between the two of them, I was strictly watched and ordered to take a 10 minute "rest break" after being on my feet for 15 minutes! 

My mom was able to come with me to get the cerclage stitches removed at the doctor's office the morning she flew home. We did some errand running in town and got a few needed baby items. We also enjoyed a nice lunch at the Cookie Jar Restaurant together. We had a great visit and I'm so glad she came up! She and my dad are flying up for a week over Christmas so we're looking forward to introducing them to their grandson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear from you.